Welcome to my Blog - What Is A Blog?

A blog is a personal diary. A daily pulpit. A collaborative space. ... Your blog is whatever you want it to be.

For many years I have kept a journal, which I don't write in as much as I once did. I have an inner yearning to communicate with the world through writing and pictures Part of my motivation is to leave something behind to a world that has given me so much - a mom, dad, brother, grandparents, a loving wife, high spirited and gifted sons, close friends and loyal customers. Most of us have had some help along the way to get where we are. In my 12 step program, step 12 is about giving back to others. I hope there are posts here that will warm your heart, make you smile and make you think. That is what my blog is all about. I hope you enjoy it. Ken

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Hello Sunshine - Goodbye Gloomy Dark Sky



Robert Cray wrote a song that went like this:
Coffee for my breakfast, a shot of whiskey on the side
It's a dark and dreary day and the clouds are covering up the sky.
And the forecast calls for pain, the forecast calls for pain,
My babies turning cold and the forecast calls for pain.

But the new song of the day is:
I've got sunshine on a cloudy day.
When it's cold outside I've got the month of May.
I guess you'd say
What can make me feel this way?
My girl (my girl, my girl)
Talkin' 'bout my girl (my girl) (The Temptations sang that)

Today was a Goood Day! Got a sore throat but the beat goes on. Had to go to work this morning, seems like everything is wrong - I got a cold hearted mean doing woman and a slave driving boss - I can't shake these chains - these chains that bind me (BB King sang that).

Was on my way to the dog park with Sammi, our Springer Spaniel and my cell phone rang - It was the bookeeper - oops forgot she comes in on Tuesdays so told her I'd be right over - Sammi got to run around the office property and after working all days dealing with new orders, rush orders, (good to get orders) F I N A L L Y got to go take Sammi to the dog park so she could run baby run, run baby run - back into my arms again (the four seasons). Everything was good - and cold @ 10 below but clear blue skies - except for an aggressive dog that attacked Sammi - I wish people could not let aggressive dogs mingle with trained dogs - it's a dog eat dog world.

No comments:

Post a Comment